XBMC is still our favourite customisable media centre software around, and today you can download the beta of version 12.0. It adds live TV, PVR support, better AirPlay and lots more to your home theatre PC.
The full list of new features includes:
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved Airplay support across all platforms
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Translations now powered by Transifex
The beta may still have a few bugs in it, and if you use a lot of add-ons or custom skins, expect that certain things may break. But if you’re brave and want to give the new version a shot, you can check out the beta downloads under “Current Testing Release” on this page. Hit the link to read more about the update.
XBMC 12.0 Frodo – Beta 1 [XBMC Blog]