Nintendo's Wii U games console officially goes on sale in Australia tomorrow. The official Australian price is $349.95 for the basic pack or $429.95 for the "premium bundle", but how much better can you do?
These are the deals we've noticed so far. Many of these retailers are allowing pre-orders ahead of the official release, which is worth doing if you definitely want the console on launch day.
- Big W has the basic pack for $298 and the premium pack for $378
- Kmart is close with the basic pack for $299 and the premium pack for $379,
- JB Hi-Fi is charging $399 for the premium pack.
- EB Games is holding midnight openings at numerous stores, but hasn't done anything in the way of discounting; the basic pack is $348 and the premium pack is $428. EB Games will sometimes price match, but only if the retailer is nearby; still, it can't hurt to ask.
- Harvey Norman is also effectively charging full price: $348 for the basic pack, $428 for premium.
Spotted any others worth noting? Tell us in the comments and we'll add them.