Mac/iOS: It's easy to share your computer's screen from anywhere, but when it comes to your iPhone or iPad, that's not always the case. Fortunately, a clever method discovered by entrepreneur Matt Galligan offers a simple solution.
Music by Jahzzar.
The simple process is covered in the video above, but you can read on for written instructions. First, you'll need the following:
- an iPhone 4s, iPad 2 or new iPad (third generation).
- a Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or higher.
- Reflection (free to try, $US15 to buy).
Once you've got all that, just follow these steps:
- Download, install and launch Reflection. (You can change any settings you want, but the defaults will work just fine.)
- Double-tap the home button on your iDevice. Swipe from left to right in the multitasking drawer to reveal your quick access controls. Tap the AirPlay button and choose your computer (the one running Reflection). This will mirror your iDevice in a window on your Mac.
- Open up Google+ Hangouts and start a hangout. Invite whomever you want.
- Click the Screenshare button up at the top of the Hangouts panel and choose your iDevice from the sharing options.
Now everything you do on your iPhone or iPad will be broadcast to anyone in the hangout. Pretty cool!
How To: Share An iPhone Screen Live On the Internet [Matt Galligan]