Flickr user TR wanted a simple and elegant desktop that looked good when he wasn't using his system but also didn't have a bunch of distracting widgets in the way when he started opening windows. The end result is this: a simple working space that's informative when everything is minimised, and minimal when it's business time.
Want the same look for your Windows desktop? Here's what you'll need:
- The Mosaic5 wallpaper from MDWallpapers
- The WindowBlinds customisation utility
- The Pillars theme for WindowBlinds to tweak the Windows Taskbar
- The Rainmeter system management and configuration utility for Windows
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter to get the clock. date, and system monitors on screen
- RocketDock for the desktop application launcher
- The MetroStation icon pack to customise the RocketDock icons
There's a place for gorgeous photo wallpapers, but sometimes a simple, minimal pattern will do the job nicely, and this desktop is a good example. The components are easy to configure, and the whole package looks good. Having trouble setting it all up? Drop by T R's Flickr page to ask your questions, and check out our getting started guide to Rainmeter for some tips.
Scrollwork Desktop [Flickr]