Flickr user deanscottsc wanted a desktop that was pretty without being distracting. The end result was this nature-inspired desktop that goes light on the system tools and widgets, and even makes the dock translucent.
Want the same look for your Windows desktop? Here's what you'll need to make it happen:
- The wallpaper from Dandylion's gallery
- The Rainmeter system management and configuration utility for Windows
- The Encoded skin for Rainmeter to create the time and date in the lower left corner
- The Serenity skin for Rainmeter to replace the Recycle Bin
- RocketDock to replace the Windows taskbar and serve as the app launcher at the top of the screen
- The Token icon set for the RocketDock icons
That's all there is to it -- two applications and a pretty wallpaper, and you have a whole new way of interacting with your system. In fact, if you're not a fan of clocks on the desktop, you could get the same minimal effect by skipping Rainmeter and replacing the taskbar with the white-themed translucent RocketDock setup.
Having trouble setting it all up? Check out our our guide to getting started with Rainmeter for some tips, or head over to deanscottsc's Flickr page to ask your questions. Don't forget to let him know how much you like his work while you're there!
Lightly Minimal [Flickr]