Windows/Mac: Now that Thunderbird has all but shut down development, some of you may be looking for a new desktop email client. Postbox, one of our favourite email clients around, is on sale, and it's the perfect replacement.
What makes it such a great alternative? Well, for one, it's actually based off Thunderbird, so Thunderbird users will feel right at home in Postbox's interface. However, it also has a number of extra features, including:
- Advanced search and attachment organisation features
- Gmail-like Conversation view
- Multiple view modes, including a widescreen-focused column layout
- Support for Gmail labels
- Sending attachments via Dropbox
- Syncing contact information and photos with Facebook, Twitter and other services
- The ability to use some of Thunderbird's most popular add-ons
It used to be a bit more expensive at $US20, but with Thunderbird calling it quits, they've lowered their price to $US10 to entice former Thunderbird users. It's a pretty great deal, and you can try it for 30 days before you buy. Hit the link to read more, or go straight to Postbox's home page to give it a shot.
Postbox is a $US10 download for Windows and Mac.
An Awesome Alternative for Thunderbird Users [Postbox Blog]