Image: Steven Depolo.
[P]lastics are complicated compounds and do contain all sorts of scary sounding chemicals. The one getting the most headlines now is BPA, bisphenol-A. The latest studies have found that BPA may potentially affect the brain, behaviour and prostate glands in foetuses and infants. Wow! So are BPA and other toxins still used? The answer: Yes.
BPA can be a dangerous chemical if over-consumed, but the amount that ends up in your water isn’t going to harm you. You’d be more likely to hurt by drinking too much water out of plastic bottles before that could happen. Most anything can be bad in excess, but in small amounts there isn’t cause for concern. Watch the above video for the full story, and stop worrying about that bottle of water you left in your glove compartment. It hasn’t turned to poison.
Plastic Water Bottles [inFact]