Need a big space to work? Need lots of storage? Need to be able to move it easily? This IKEA hack from Panyl — a company that’s turned IKEA hacking into a business — can provide all three.
Because the workstation (pictured above) is so large, it’s not that cheap. Of course, you could make a slightly smaller version and cut your costs significantly. Here’s what Panyl says you’ll need:
(6) 2 x 4 IKEA Expedit bookshelves
(10) Four-inch industrial castors
(1) 2.4m x 3m x 1.5cm plywood, ripped in half
(1) 3m x 1.2m x 1.3cm; hardboard sheet
(1) 3m x 1.2m x 6.35mm opaque white acrylic sheet
(30) 4.45cm drywall screws
(16) Assorted Simpson ties
If you’ve got the space and need the storage, it’s definitely a cool workstation that doesn’t seem any harder to put together than your standard IKEA furniture. For in-depth instructions, hit up the full post on Panyl’s blog.