It has long been established that TV networks treat us with contempt and viewers respond by hating their schedule-shifting guts and going elsewhere for our screen entertainment. The Age has a nifty summary of some of the most irritating habits TV has developed.
Picture via PopSugar
The full list is well worth checking out, but these ones particularly resonated for me:
- The more you like a show, the less likely it is to start on time.
- Networks ignore the internet at their peril.
- Every week, television will be the source of a new outrage.
- There must be a recap at the beginning and end of every segment in every Australian reality franchise.
I'd also add the following:
- Only the ABC can be trusted to leave a series in a single timeslot for its duration.
- Always add 20 minutes to the suggested recording times on your EPG.
- Thank goodness for iView.
What additions would you make?