Flickr user Tim Garbarino reminds us that winter isn’t quite over yet in the northern hemisphere with this gorgeous, serene setting sun behind a lonely snowball. The setup is functional too — Tim has his favourite feeds on the right, upcoming appointments at the top, and a spring-loaded dock on the left.
If you want the same look for your Windows desktop, here’s what you’ll need.
- The Snowball and the Sunset wallpaper from Quality Wallpapers (Tim says he got it from Wallbase, but we couldn’t find it there.)
- The Rainmeter system monitor and configuration tool for Windows
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter for the clock, date, mail and weather
- The mii System Skin 2 for Rainmeter for system monitoring like CPU temp and GPU temp and load (tweaked to fit in with Elegance 2)
- Simplesentencethree for Rainmeter for the currently playing music display in the lower-right corner
- Googlebar for Rainmeter for quick web searches
- The RocketDock launcher for the left side of the screen, complete with the Stacks docklet for spring-loaded application and folder menus
- aablab’s Icon Pack 2 and the Game Icons Pack by Wolfangraul to complete the dock layout
This one requires a lot of components, but they all fit together nicely, and you really only need Rainmeter and RocketDock as your primary applications to make all of this happen. If you’re not sure how to make it all work, take a look at our guide to setting up an attractive HUD with Rainmeter for tips, or drop by Tim’s Flickr page to let him know how much you dig his desktop.
Snowball Sunset2 [Flickr]