Living proof that you don’t have to hunt for a great wallpaper to build a sharp-looking desktop: Flickr user Jonathan F Miller took his own photo, added a little Rainmeter magic, and came out with a desktop that’s informative, lets him monitor his system’s health and keeps the widgets out of the way.If you’re interested in bringing the same look to your Windows desktop, here’s what you’ll need.
- The wallpaper, photographed and property of Jonathan Miller, who also created the desktop.
- The Rainmeter system management and configuration tool for Windows
- The Elegance 2 theme for Rainmeter to create the clock and date
- The Elementary skin for Rainmeter for the CPU and monitoring widgets
- Ribbits for Rainmeter to create the weather and recycle bin widgets under the time and date
- The Windows 7 Start Button Changer, along with the Metro White Start Orb and select icons from the Eclipse 2 Icon Pack
That’s all there is to this one. If you’re familiar with Rainmeter already, this will be a snap. If not, head over to our guide to getting started with Rainmeter for tips to make this desktop your desktop. Don’t forget to drop by Jonathan’s Flickr page to let him know how much you like his work — and his photograph!