You may think you know the best way to keep your kitchen clean, remember how to put on a fitted bed sheet, or spit used toothpaste into the sink, but there are better ways to do all of these things and more and you can learn them all from one video in 60 seconds.
When you watch the video above, you'll learn the following tips and tricks:
- Need help waking up in the morning? Do pushups and you'll jump-start your day.
- When you've finished showering in the morning, quickly defog the mirror with hot or cold air from your hairdryer.
- Got a dusty ceiling fan? Put a pillowcase over the blade and pull to clean it in seconds.
- If you have trouble remembering which way the fitted sheet goes on your bed, mark the tag with the corresponding corner. Mine is a down arrow and a left arrow to indicate the bottom left corner.
- After brushing your teeth, run the water first and then spit the used toothpaste into the stream so it won't get stuck in the sink.
- Maybe your home could smell a little better. Just hide bars of soap in stinkier areas to make them smell nice.
- When doing your laundry, toss a pinch of salt into the wash to keep your coloured clothing more vibrant.
- If you tend to make a mess when cooking in the kitchen, use two bowls for cleanup. One can hold garbage, and the other can hold soapy water for washing everything down.
- You can also use two bowls in the microwave to avoid splatter.
- Finally, if tight spaces are hard for you to clean, wrap a chopstick with a paper towel and bind it with a rubber band. Then you can use the chopstick to clean nooks and crannies.
For more great Lifehacker videos, check out our YouTube channel.