Whether you're renting or you own a home, it's easy to let repeated tasks of home maintenance slip your mind. Over on Apartment Therapy they've outlined the five repeating home maintenance tasks most people forget and a simple way to remind yourself to do them.
The tasks you're probably forgetting are:
- Flip the mattress (every three months).
- Replace batteries in your smoke alarm (every three months).
- Change your water filter (every two to six months).
- Change your air filter (every two to six months).
- Clean your fridge coils (once a year).
These tasks are difficult to remember because they're so infrequent, but keeping up on the maintenance will not only extend the life of your appliances, but it will also help them run more efficiently. To remind yourself to do them, Apartment Therapy recommends setting up an email reminder, which we covered a few ways to set up in the past, or by making a note on the calendar of your choice.
Set Regular Email Reminders for These 5 Home Maintenance Tasks [Apartment Therapy]