Because February 29 only comes around once every four years, retailers use it as yet another excuse to hold sales. Here are the leap year sale events we've noticed.
- IKEA has 229 products on sale with 29 per cent off. The exact range of offers differs with every store, appear to vary slightly between stores, and (as often happens) Adelaide and Perth aren't included.
- Cameras Direct is running a bunch of percentage-off deals. [via OzBargain]
- It's not actually a sale, but Translink in Queensland is offering free travel all day after train disruptions the day before.
- Amaysim is offering the first month on its Unlimited deal for $10 rather than $39.90 if you use the code leapyear12 when signing up. (Yes, that's rather like the deal we saw last week.)
- Thanks to readers for pointing out similar 29 per cent off deals at Harvey Norman and The Good Guys.
As ever, a sale isn't a sale if you don't need the goods anyway, and it's worth shopping around to see if you can find specific items elsewhere, especially online.
Got any additions to this list? Share them in the comments.
February 29 makes as good a sale excuse as any.