Flickr user rajdroid says that this desktop makes him feel calm and has a soothing effect, and we couldn't agree more. It's minimal, simplistic, but the combination of a gorgeous wallpaper and only the essentials when it comes to on-screen information makes for an elegant desktop that hides its power until you need it.
While it looks like a Mac OS desktop, it's actually anything but. If you want your Windows 7 PC to look like rajdroid's, here's what you'll need to make it happen:
- The Early Sunrise Wallpaper from HD Wallpapers
- The Rainmeter system monitor and configuration tool for Windows
- The Pragmatic 3.0 Rainmeter skin for the clock in the centre of the desktop
- ObjectDock by StarDock to replace the start menu at the bottom of the screen
- The Flurry Icon Pack, and assorted icons from the many other Flurry-styled icon packs at DeviantArt
You shouldn't need to spend too much time setting this one up if you like the look. The biggest challenge will be finding Flurry-style icons for all of the applications you choose to keep in your dock. If you need help setting it up, head over to rajdroid's Flickr page and ask him how he did it, or check out our guide to customising desktops with Rainmeter for tips.