Cleaning your pad is a chore, but it doesn’t have to suck up your entire day. Apartment Therapy suggests tackling a different area of your home every day for 20 minutes and offers a 30-day sample schedule you can adopt.
Photo by Melissa Barrett.
The 30 Day list breaks down different areas into manageable chunks. For example, these are the first five days:
1. Surface clean living room and kitchen (pick up stray items, dust, sweep, vacuum)
2. Clean bathrooms (toilets, showers, floors, walls, mirrors)
3. Surface clean bedrooms (put away toys, clothes, dust)
4. Surface clean “extra” rooms (basement, office, play room)
5. Surface clean living room and kitchen
So you’re not doing the entire room in those 20 minutes. On day 6, you do the other area of the bathroom that you didn’t do on day 2. Check out the article for the full list of cleaning tasks.
Of course, you don’t have to do these in order, you can add or customise tasks as you like. The idea is to each day break up your cleaning into a reasonable thing you can do for 20 minutes. Perhaps you can take 30 index cards and write a cleaning task on each, then randomly select one to do each day.
Note: If you only have 10 minutes, that’s still enough time to get your bedroom clean. What’s your strategy for keeping the chaos and dirt at bay?
How to Clean Your House in 20 Minutes a Day for 30 Days [Apartment Therapy]