Flickr user plasticniki's desktop is informative and elegant, and combines gorgeous perspective on the wallpaper image with flat icon graphics and monotype fonts to create a sharp-looking HUD that won't get in the way of her work.
The best part of this desktop is that it doesn't take a lot of effort or a bunch of custom themes and packs that require delicate tweaking to set up. If you want to give your Windows system the same look, here's what you'll need:
- The Ferie wallpaper from InterfaceLift
- RocketDock with a blank skin and the WP7 Icon Pack
- The Rainmeter system monitor and configuration tool for Windows
- The Chip clock and Simplesentencethree add-ons for Rainmeter
- The F**king Weather for Rainmeter to display the temperature and weather conditions
- The Spotify plug-in for Rainmeter
If you need help getting all of the components to look just right, head over to tutorial on setting up Rainmeter to get started. If you have a Mac or are running Linux, you can approximate some of the same effects using GeekTool or Conky, respectively, but not everything.