Earlier today we looked at how you can live comfortably without a jailbreak in iOS 5 and noted that you can change your home screen icons even with a jailed iDevice. One thing we missed that deserves the spotlight are a handful of beautiful settings shortcuts, from designer Jeff Broderick. Best of all, they don’t require jailbreaking.
The installation process is very simple:
- Visit this page on your iPhone (or other iDevice).
- Tap the shortcut you want to install.
- Select the version of the icon you want to use (if there’s an option) and tap the install button.
- When the Install Profile page loads, tap the Install button on that page.
- You’ll now receive an Install Profile warning pop-up which will confirm you want to perform this action. Tap the Install Now button to let your iPhone know that you do.
- The installation process wil complete in a matter of seconds. When it’s over, just tap the Done button in the top right corner to go back to Safari.
That’s it. The downside is that you have to perform this process for every shortcut you want to install, but once you’re done, that’s it. You can easily access your settings from the home screen with basically no effort at all. If these icons aren’t your style, however, you can always make your own.