Viswa liked the look of Windows 8’s Metro UI, but didn’t want to give up the comforts of Mac OS, so he brought the Metro UI to the Mac using GeekTool. The result is a sharp-looking desktop with an array of informative geeklets neatly organised on-screen.
If you’d like the same look for your Mac’s desktop, here’s what you’ll need:
- The Wallpaper from RedWallpapers.com (although the wallpaper isn’t that critical for this setup)
- Segoe Font Pack from Microsoft — likely already on your system
- GeekTool to set up the geeklets on the desktop
- Our tips on how to put RSS on your desktop with GeekTool
- The iCal Geeklet to put calendar appointments on the desktop
- Viswa’s custom Geeklets available at MediaFire
If you’re not familiar with how to set up GeekTool, check out our guide to setting up a great desktop with it. If you’re still not sure how to implement these geeklets, Viswa explains and includes the scripts required at his Flickr page.
Windows Phone 7 GeekTool Desktop [Flickr]