You've got iOS 5 and you're excited to start syncing your data to the cloud. Here's the very simple setup process to get your iDevice up and running with iCloud.
To get set up, watch the video above or just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device's home screen.
- Tap the iCloud tab.
- Log in to iCloud using an existing Apple ID or MobileMe account, or create a new account from the screen.
- Select the types of data you want to sync with iCloud by flicking the switches beside them to the "on" position.
- Tap the Storage & Backup tab at the bottom. You'll find that you have 5GB of complimentary storage. You'll also see how much storage you have available, which should diminish as your data begins to sync with iCloud. If you need more than 5GB, tap the Buy More Storage button. It will cost you $US20 per year for 15GB, $US40 per year for 25GB and $US100 per year for 55GB.
- If you'd like to back up your device to iCloud as well, you can enable that from within the Storage & Backup tab. Towards the button you'll see a tab labelled iCloud Backup. Make sure the switch is in the "on" position if you want your device backed up to the cloud.
That's it! It's very easy to set up. If you run out of storage, don't worry. Your device will alert you and you can always buy more or stop syncing certain data. Want to learn how to set up other neat wireless features in iOS 5? Check out our other how-to guides.