In its latest update on refund processing, the ATO says in August hit its target of processing 94 per cent of electronically submitted returns within 14 days. We already knew that it hadn't quite met that goal in July, but the process seems to be back on track. Which is, of course, not much help if you happen to be in the other 6 per cent. [ATO]
Tax Refunds: Hitting The 94% Goal
Trending Stories Right Now
roanokecollege/Flickr Even if they haven't gone so far as to get formal self-defence training, many people (particularly women) have considered what strategies they'd deploy if they were attacked by a stranger. A popular thought is that one would use an object on your person as a weapon of defence - like keys, for instance.
Smartphone teardown and repair specialist iFixIt has put their toolkit up against the Google Pixel 3 and found Google's latest uber-phone is going to be a tough to fix if gravity and a solid surface ever device to team up to cause some damage. In their teardown, they discover that screen repairs are going to be a whole lot harder and Google may have taken out shares in a glue factory given how much adhesive is packed into the portable computing powerhouse.