If you’re just getting started with your new Android or iPhone and downloading lots of great apps, you want to make sure you take the time to check for updates at least once a week. These updates will provide new features and important bug fixes, and it’s really easy to do. Here’s how it works, step by step.
The process is very easy on both devices. First, here’s how you do it on iPhone:
- Go to your iPhone’s home screen and tap on the App Store icon.
- After the App Store opens, tap the Updates icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Update All button at the top of the screen.
- Enter your password and wait for your apps to update. Some apps may have an alert you’ll need to respond to before the update will install, so wait a few seconds in case one comes up so you can acknowledge it.
Here’s how to update your apps on Android:
- Find the Android Market on your home screen or in your app drawer and tap it to open it up.
- Once the Android Market loads, tap the menu button on your device and choose the My Apps option.
- In a few seconds you should see a list of your apps. If there are available updates you’ll see red/orange text that says Update to the right of the app’s name. Tap Update All at the top of the screen to update your apps. Alternatively, you can update them individually by tapping and holding down the app you want to update and then choosing Update from the resulting menu.
For a video demonstration on both iPhone and Android, watch the video above.