The challenge? Spend a week on the road with no change of clothes and nothing but a BlackBerry, and still do my job as Lifehacker’s editor. Here’s the complete story in chronological order.
- What I planned to do: Hitting The Road With A BlackBerry, A Toothbrush And Not Much Else
- What I packed: What To Pack When You’re Packing Nothing
- Day 1: How to work in an office with no PC: Travel-Ready But Not On The Road Yet
- Day 1: How to transcribe on a train: Train Transcription Triumphs
- Day 2: How to dry your laundry: Drip, Drip, Blow
- Day 2: How to get maximum battery life:Railway Rewards & Battery Battles
- Day 3: Hard to have a night-life with this arrangement: The Naked Truth
- Day 3: The crucial BlackBerry apps that made productivity possible: The Essential Apps I Added To My BlackBerry
- Day 4: When not having 3G signal bites: +1 Washing Machine, -1 Optus
- Day 4: Realising how great having no luggage is: Why Work Travel With Nothing Is So Liberating
- Day 5: How my work practices altered: How I Changed My Work Habits To Use Only A BlackBerry
- Day 5: How did the crush-proof suit cope?: How Are The Clothes Holding Up?
- What I learned (and what you can learn): What Everyone Can Learn From Luggage-Free Travel
Thanks again to BlackBerry for making the whole experience possible, and to readers for all the helpful comments.