You’re browsing the web, going to all the sites you love, and you’re coming down with hand cramps from constantly going back to the mouse just to go back to the address bar so you can type in your next destination. These keyboard shortcuts can save you the trouble.
Making the trip up to your browser’s address bar directly from the keyboard is very easy, but it does vary from browser to browser. Here’s a breakdown:
- Firefox: Control/Command + L
- Chrome/Safari/WebKit: Control/Command + L
- Internet Explorer: Alt + D
- Opera: Control/Command + L
Here’s an added bonus. If your browser has a separate search box
- Firefox: Control/Command + K
- Safari: Command + Option + F
- Internet Explorer: Control + E
- Opera: Control/Command + E
*If you’re not familiar, use Command for a Mac and Control for a Windows machine.
There are many useful browser shortcuts, but this one ranks pretty high. All joking aside, it is really annoying to constantly have to use the mouse to go to the address bar.
Shortcut of the Day highlights a great shortcut on various platforms from the desktop to mobile devices to the web. You can find more shortcuts here.