Over time your desk and desk drawers have probably become cluttered with all sorts of junk, making it impossible to find anything you need. Weblog Unclutterer shows us how to figure out which items you actually need there by starting from scratch.Unclutter recommends a method somewhat similar to the ever-popular clothes-hanger method of cleaning your closet. Mark off what you actually use, and move the rest somewhere else:
- Take all of the supplies out of the drawer and put them in a small box.
- Clean out your desk organizer and the drawer.
- Go about your work.
- When you need an item, take it out of the box, use it, and then put it away in the top desk drawer.
- After five days have past, review the items that made it into the top desk drawer and make sure that they are organized in the best way for your needs.
- The items that remain in the box on your desk do not belong in the prime real estate of your top desk drawer. Sort through the items and toss out, recycle, or pass along to a co-worker anything that is pure clutter in your desk. Find a shelf or lower drawer where the items you need but use less frequently can be stored.
We've shown you the importance of organising your desk drawers in a hierarchy, but this actually helps you get it done. By starting with a clean slate, you see what you actually use and what is just in you desk because it needs a place to live. Hit the link to read more. Photo by Davdd.
Bringing Order to Your Top Desk Drawer [Unclutterer]