An online survey of 1200 Australians by comparison site Broadband Expert found that 97% of us plan to access the Internet the next time we’re on holidays. The press release describes that as surprising, but I don’t think so. Instead, I’m wondering what kind of holiday the other 3% think they’re going to enjoy.
Even if you don't have wireless broadband, the increasing popularity of smart phones means that many of us can have basic Internet access on holidays without even looking for it. I'm well aware that some people see "disconnecting" as a major attraction when going on holiday, and I can imagine that being useful if you're in the kind of job where annoying urgent emails come in day and night and you feel compelled to answer them. But when I found myself accidentally Internet free on a semi-working holiday earlier this year, it drove me nuts.
So I'm wondering: who wants not being able to access the Internet to be a big feature of their next holiday? Tell us (and tell us why) in the comments.