You wanted cheap ATM access and your own US iTunes account. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- ATMs Your Bank Will Let You Use For Free
Diving onto the nearest ATM regardless of brand can be tempting when you need cash in a hurry, but you’ll invariably end up paying $2 or more for the privilege. Dodge fees with our guide to which ATMs your bank lets you use for nothing.
- Top 10 Things To Do With A New Windows 7 System
Whether you’ve just bought a new PC, upgraded to Windows 7, or reinstalled your OS, a just-installed system is a great opportunity to make some helpful changes and fixes. Here are the things we recommend anyone tackle on a minty fresh Windows.
- How To Set Up A US iTunes Accountbr /> If your iTunes account is associated with an Australian address, then the options for what you can buy online will be different (and generally more limited) than those available to US iTunes users. Set up your own US iTunes account and you’ll have access to a much wider range of content to purchase.
- Is Hiding Your Wireless SSID Really More Secure?
Seems like every guide to securing your wireless network tells you to keep your SSID from broadcasting to make your network more secure, but is that really worthwhile? Let’s take a look at one of the silliest myths out there
- Planhacker: 1TB+ Broadband Deals
In recent weeks, a number of providers have rolled out plans with massive monthly data allowances of one terabyte (yes, that’s 1000GB) or more. That sounds tempting, but there are plenty of catches. Planhacker rounds up the contenders to see how they measure up.
- The Best iPhone Apps For Getting Things Done
Whether you’re in the office or on the go, the iPhone has become a pocketable workhorse for getting things done. Here are our picks for the best iPhone apps to keep you working productively.
- How To Keep Your Workflow In Sync Across Computers
Between home and work desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets and smart phones, you have several digital workspaces in your life. Here’s how to keep them all effortlessly organised, so you can spend less time fiddling and more time getting things done.
- Nine’s New Digital Channel GEM Aims At Women
I guess it was kind of predictable: Seven’s third digital channel 7Mate targets men, so Nine’s forthcoming third channel, GEM, will target women
- GPS Apps Shouldn’t Drain Your Data
One of the arguments sometimes made against mobile phone-based GPS applications is that they’ll chew up your data allowance, which can be a problem if your plan has a stingy allowance. But the issue could be more myth than reality.
- I Procrastinate Because I Care
In my discussions with non-procrastinators, I’ve often heard the advice that procrastination reflects a lack of care about the task in question and the antidote for procrastination is to only do things that you’re passionate about. I disagree.