What can you do with a few gigabytes and a USB port? Quite a lot, with the right software. Learn how to encrypt your work, run whole systems, rescue Windows and customise your thumb drive with these USB-geared tricks.
Photo by Debs (ò‿ó)♪.
10. Give Your Drive A Custom Icon
9. Try Out Chrome OS Now
8. Browse And Work Securely With DemocraKey
7. Run An XBMC Media Centre From It
6. Save Your Windows System
5. Prevent Leaving Your Drive Behind
4. Install A Portable Windows App Suite
3. Encrypt And Set Your Drive To Self-Destruct In Emergencies
2. Sync The Files You Need
1. Keep A Portable Linux OS Handy
What’s the most valuable player on your own USB drive? What tools make your thumb drive fit into your workflow? We’re all ears in the comments.