Reader gabriela2400's Windows 7 setup is an example of a minimalist desktop that doesn't waste a lot of space on gadgets and focuses instead on presenting a smooth interface that looks great.
The desktop is a combination of:
- Visual Style: spot for 7 by *krissirk
- Wallpaper: Listen and feel by *kAtz93
- Folder icons: pry frente by Jonas Rask
- Taskbar icons: some mod I made of token icons by ~brsev
- Rainmeter: XYZ by ~Scott-Evo modded by me 2ndPanel by ~blazmir1 also modded by me and the clock I really dont remember I modded as well.
- CAD: Stikma by =OtisBee
- The illustration presented is from an artist I really admire: ~iumazark
This desktop not your style? Why waste time complaining? Instead, get started creating your own killer desktop with the easy-install Rainmeter 1.2 package and show the world what you can do. Of course, using Rainmeter isn't a requirement — you are more than welcome to use any of the best desktop customisation tools to turn your desktop into a productive work of art.
The Listen and Feel Desktop [Flickr]