Looking for a cool project you can tackle in an afternoon on your extra day off? Here's a quick roundup of some of our favourite afternoon projects you can squeeze into your long weekend.
When a long weekend comes along, it's quite reasonable to grab a chance for some extra sleep or a weekend away. But if you've stayed at home and you're awake, make good use of your day off with one of these awesome afternoon projects.
Photo by meddygarnet.
- How To Dual Boot Windows 7 With XP Or Vista If you've got a trusty XP or Vista installation that you're still using—and you're just not quite ready to jump head first into Windows 7—dust off that as-yet-unused Windows 7 disc and set up a dual-booting PC.
- How To Crack A Wi-Fi Network's WEP Password With BackTrack Check the security and integrity of your Wi-Fi network's WEP security with this guide. (If you have the option, we'd recommend using WPA encryption to avoid the relatively simple WEP cracking in general.)
- Top 10 Harmless Geek Pranks What better to do on a day off than play a few harmless practical jokes?
- Hack Your Wii For Homebrew Without Twilight Princess You haven't begun to enjoy everything your Wii is capable of until your hack it for homebrew. This guide makes it simple, and once completed, you may also want to back up and play your Wii games from an external hard drive.
- Copy Music From Your iPhone Or iPod To Your Computer For Free If you've had a recent hard drive meltdown and now the only place keeping your carefully cultivated music library alive is your iPod, this guide will get your music safely to your new computer from your device.
- Turn Your Point-And-Shoot Into A Super-Camera If you've got a supported point-and-shoot and the courage to do a little hacking, you can seriously beef up your camera's capabilities using the CHDK camera firmware.
- Build A Home FTP Server We've highlighted countless ways to share files over the years, but running a simple old FTP server on your home computer is a great way to add files to and access any files on your computer from anywhere.