It's frustrating that Media Centre only displays seven television channels in the program guide at a time, especially if it's part of a home theatre setup. This hack adds more channels to the program guide for easier living-room browsing.
The fix adds three more channels to Windows Media Center's program guide, letting you view up to 10 channels at a time. It's a simple hack to make your television browsing a little bit easier, especially if you have a large television that's capable of displaying more in your home theatre setup. Software site One Tip A Day has the details:
- Close Windows Media centre.
- Install the Take Ownership registry file.
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to C:Windowsehome. Find Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll, right-click on the file, and click 'Take Ownership.'
- Copy Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll to a temporary directory and put this patch in the same directory.
- Run the patch. You may need to take ownership of the Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll in the temporary directory.
- Copy the new version of Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll created by the patch to C:Windowsehome.
Like all hacks that involve modifying the registry, back up your registry before you try this fix. After all, I'm sure your non-geeky friends and family will sure love that setup you've put together even more when they get to see more of what's on.
Increase The Number of Rows In Windows 7 Media Center EPG [One Tip A Day]