We know that money won't buy happiness, but a lack of money can certainly cause stress, and unhealthy levels of it — and our debt-related stress level is rising.
Photo by Lloyd Morgan.
A recent survey not only found that debt-related stress is higher in America than it was four years ago, but that people with higher debt-stress were more likely to experience health issues, specifically:
- More than 13 times as likely than low- to no-stress people to lose sleep at night
- More than seven times as likely to have severe anxiety
- Almost seven times as likely to take stress out on others
- Nearly six times as likely to experience severe depression
- Four times as likely to have ulcers or other digestive problems
- Twice as likely to have heart problems and migraines
Of course, it goes the other way, too — be sure not to over-save. Hit the link to find out more about the world's greatest source of stress. And be sure to check out how to diagnose your personal finance health to keep yourself on track.
Money, Stress, and Your Health [Get Rich Slowly]