If you've been dragging yourself out of bed lately it might be time to reboot your morning routine and introduce a new morning ritual — or three! — to mix things up. Create your new morning routine with this simple list.
Photo by Voltphoto.
Most of us fall into a morning ritual more out of habit than as a result of conscientious planning. If your morning routine isn't helping you start off your day feeling energised and ready to tackle important tasks, it's time to reboot it. At Stepcase Lifehack they're challenging people to become an early riser in five days. Part of the challenge is to establish a planned out morning ritual. They offer the following steps:
- Draft a short list of the things you do each morning and what you'd like to add.
- Figure out how much time it'll realistically take to do everything on your list.
- Adjust your wake time to accommodate your new ritual.
- Go through your list each morning for at least 2 mornings before making adjustments.
- Once your adjustments are made, enjoy!
We'll definitely second the idea that you need to go through the list for two (or even more) mornings before tweaking it. It's easy, when you're excited about a new routine, to start tweaking it every day. Constant tweaking stops you from seeing if the routine works well across the whole week for you and continues to work after the excitement of tinkering with the routine wears off.
Check out the full article for more tips on tweaking your morning routine. Have a tip or trick of your own to share? Let's hear about it in the comments.
Do You Have a Morning Ritual [Stepcase Lifehack]