Reader A.Nonymous decided to create his own minimalist “undesktop” to keep himself productive — clearing away everything unnecessary, auto-hiding the taskbar, and using keyboard shortcuts to get things done more effectively.
The desktop is a combination of:
- Customized dESATURATED Windows 7 theme by Redmile
- The Lime Light wallpaper by Matchstick
- Rainmeter with 10-Foot HUD and the integrated RSS Reader (which is set to fade in on mouse over).
- Launchy with the Minimalaunchy skin.
- Autohotkey with some scripts to control iTunes from anywhere and I also use the CapsLock remapping script from LifeHacker.
This desktop not your style? Why waste time complaining? Instead, get started creating your own killer desktop with the easy-install Rainmeter 1.1 package and show the world what you can do. Of course, using Rainmeter isn’t a requirement — you are more than welcome to use any of the best desktop customisation tools to turn your desktop into a productive work of art.
The Clear and Clean Desktop [Productive Geek]