Windows only: Our very own automated file-management utility, Belvedere, has jumped up to a 0.5 release today. It’s packed with new features, code improvements and bug fixes, and it’s overflowing with Lifehacker love.[imgclear]
Belvedere contributor Matt Shorts has thoughtfully added all kinds of great new functionality into this release, including:
- Added basic Recycle Bin cleaning to automate your trash clear out
- Added ability to compress matching files on move/copy
- Added help file
- Added backup/import settings
- Added a new verb ‘contains one of’ for matching files
- System and action logging and viewer so you can keep track of what Belvedere’s done
- Added ability to pause
- Added ability to accept command line parameters
- Added status bar
If you’re new to Belvedere, the newly added Help file should be particularly — well — helpful. To grab the latest, just head over to the Belvedere homepage.
Belvedere is a free, open-source application for Windows only.
Belvedere [Lifehacker Code]