Google Chrome: If you’re a Chrome user that uses the Pomodoro Technique to get things done, you’ll definitely want to grab this handy little Pomodoro timer for the Chrome toolbar. Unfamiliar with the Pomodoro Technique? Read on for more details.
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Chromodoro is a small Google Chrome extension that puts a little Pomodoro tomato in the toolbar. Clicking the icon starts the timer and when the time is up a break reminder pops up. The default settings are 25 minutes of work/five-minute breaks, but you can tweak the times in the options menu to suit your work situation and needs.
Chromodoro is free and works wherever Chrome does. Have a favourite tool computer-based or otherwise for working with the Pomodoro technique.