Feeling under the weather? Thinking — as you look around your office — that you might be soon? Hone your home-remedy skill set with a look at 10 of our favourite DIY cures for illnesses and your body’s annoyances.
Photo by Robert Couse-Baker.
10. Honey for rough coughs
9. Toothpaste for bee stings
8. Olive oil for children’s ear-aches
7. Vick’s VapoRub or thyme oil for toenail fungus
6. Vinegar, oatmeal and others for sunburns
5. DIY elixers for colds and flu
The Hot Knives blogger loves an excuse to hit the grocery store, and when stricken with a cold (or maybe the flu), he found his muse: a DIY, Southern-Comfort-based elixir to make sleeping, resting and feeling better much easier.
4. Duct tape for warts
3. Clear nail polish or hot water for bug bites
2. Baby or talcum powder for greasy hair
1. Bacon sandwich for hangovers
What’s the best home or natural remedy you know of, or that your parents swear by? We want to hear about it in the comments.