Reader UltraBE’s Windows desktop turns mundane system statistics and application launchers into a lookalike for the popular Left 4 Dead video game. It’s not for everybody, but it’s definitely loads of fun.
- Survival clock: local time clock, pc uptime, ‘I Hate…’ quote, skin version.
- Right panels: date with customizable launcher, GMail Checker with GMail inbox launcher, skin update Checker with update URL launcher (a molotov appears whenever an update is available), Recycle Bin (a first aid kit appears whenever there’s something in the bin), L4D game launcher.
- Right health: CPU load, customizable launcher (the survivor thumbnail).
- Team mate info: C Drive usage, D Drive usage or battery meter, memory, 12 customizable launchers (the thumbnails and items).
- The HUD skin is very customizable: the main weapon can be changed to fit the current wallpaper, every launcher (there are over 15 of ’em) can be assigned to a program, folder, URL, registry key or Rainmeter !bang, the D Drive usage meter can be replaced with a battery meter for laptop systems, etc.
- The skin will adjust itself to your screen resolution, and you can easily change the various functions of the skin. It’s your desktop!
- There are also 10 widescreen wallpapers included (in-game L4D screenshots without HUD). Of course, you may also make your own!
Great job, UltraBE!
This desktop not your style? Why waste time complaining? Instead, get started creating your own killer desktop with the easy-install Rainmeter 1.0 package and show the world what you can do.
The Left 4 Dead HUD Desktop [deviantART]