Why not amuse and charm your party guests by garnishing a few dishes with these easy-to-make Mario-style 1-UP Mushrooms made of radishes? You might not get any extra lives, but there’s some serious geek cred in this food hack.
This project is best explained by the picture, but if you prefer some written guidance, what you’ll do is:
- Make a shallow cut around the circumference of the radish
- Make four cuts from the stem end to the line made by the first cut to create a square base
- Trim the base until it is cylindrical
- Make some very shallow, circular slices into the “head” portion of the mushroom to create the white spots
- Grab some dark food coloring and add eyes to your creation
Do you have any geeky or video game themed food hacks? Or perhaps some clever creations to amuse and entertain visitors? Tell us in the comments and include pictures if you can. Thanks, Jesus!