Windows: If you’re a happy Evernote desktop user and only wish it looked nicer, moved faster and was smarter about how it handled your organisation tools, the just-released 3.5 beta will make you very happy.
Evernote for Windows doesn’t get one big, shining, brand-new feature in this release, but a lot of annoyances were removed, code cleaned up and fine-grain features were implemented. Click the image above to check out some of Evernote’s more polished look in the “mixed” view mode, providing both note item details and the ability to sort by creation date, size, title, and other features.
Ready to jump in and grab the beta? Don’t be so quick. Evernote suggests that if you’re already using Evernote for Windows, you need to take a few extra steps:
- Export any local notebooks
- Completely quit Evernote 3.1 (including the taskbar clipper)
- Install Evernote 3.5 Beta
- Allow Evernote to sync your notes from the server (this make take some time)
- Import the local notebooks
Evernote 3.5 Beta is a free download for Windows systems only.
Evernote’s Big Win(dows) Beta Release [Evernote Blog]