This week is National E-Security Awareness Week. We suspect most Lifehacker readers rank relatively highly on the security awareness scale, but if you're looking to make sure your PC is as secure as possible, here's five key articles from the archives to help you (or your friends and family) stay secure.
We've run literally hundreds of security posts over the years at Lifehacker, but for everyday protection, it's the basics that are important:
- Having good passwords is critical to keeping any PC or Internet application secure, so check our guide to picking secure passwords.
- Secure your system with our Hive Five guide to the five best anti-virus software packages.
- For added protection, also check the Hive Five on malware removal tools
- Keeping your PC running smoothly also minimises the risk of privacy or security scares, so check out the best Windows maintenance tools.
- Finally, if you're looking for a more sophisticated way to maintain multiple passwords, check out how to use Dropbox as the ultimate password syncer.