Windows only: Popular instant messaging application (and then some) Digsby updates today, improving performance, adding buddy-list search, expanded emoticons, improved Twitter support and much more.
In all the update claims to include some 100 bug fixes and enhancements, but the marquee updates are:
- Performance: We’ve optimised performance from the ground up, reducing overall CPU usage by about 50%
- Buddy List Search: Press Ctrl+F to easily search your buddy list or the web
- Emoticons: Added four new emoticon packs to choose from
- File Transfers: Improved the reliability of AIM, ICQ, and MSN file transfers
- Conversations: Added an option for new IM windows to start hidden and blink the tray icon instead of popping up a window
- New Infobox: The infobox now uses the same user interface control as the IM window (WebKit), making it much faster and more versatile
- Twitter: Added Retweet support
- MySpace: Added support for setting status on MySpace
- Google Talk: Added support for the Invisible status on Gtalk
I asked the folks at Digsby if this update meant we were any closer to Mac and Linux versions and was assured that Mac and Linux are still coming, especially now that they’re at a fairly stable version of Digsby for Windows. For now, Digsby is Windows only.
Build 60 – Faster than a Speeding Bullet! [Digsby Blog]