Kick off your Lifehacker Monday by making sure you didn't miss any of the biggest posts from last week:
- HLO: Choosing The Right Notebook PC For Travel
For the most part, Hand Luggage Only was designed to use gear I already had, but there was always going to be one exception: I’d decided I’d get a new notebook PC as part of the process.
- Top 10 Battery Hacks, Tips And Tricks The gadgets you love don't always love you back - at least when it comes to battery life. But you can get more from your laptop, your iPod, your phone, and other devices with these 10 techniques.
- XBMC 9.04 "Babylon" Updates For All Supported Platforms (Cross Platform) XBMC has updated to version 9.04, codename Babylon, available now for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Apple TV, the classic Xbox, and bootable CDs or USB drives.
- How To Avoid Gym Membership Rip-Offs
Gyms are always eager to sign you up to long-term contracts, but often don’t go out of their way to explain the terms and conditions or how you can end the deal. Here’s how to avoid getting ripped off.
- Five Best Free Data Recovery Tools The best way to recover from unexpected data loss is to be properly prepared. With one of the following tools on hand, you'll always be ready to save your data from the Reaper.
- Taskbar Shuffle Reorganises Your Taskbar and System Tray (Windows) Tiny, portable, and awesome utility Taskbar Shuffle adds drag and drop ability to the Windows taskbar and system tray-and now finally works for 64-bit Windows as well.
- Nokia Offers Free Trial Of Messaging On Older Phones
Nokia’s new push email service, Nokia Messaging, is largely designed to work on newer phones and with specific carrier plans — but until July older E-series phone owners can test it free of charge.
- Lifehacker's Guide To Upgrading To Windows 7 RC Whether you want to set up a dual-boot system, you're ready to migrate all the way to Windows 7 RC from XP, or something in between, here's what you need to know.
- CrossLoop Remotely Controls Any Windows or Mac PC (Windows/Mac) Free remote desktop application CrossLoop has just released a Mac version, which means simple, cross-platform remote support and file sharing for your friends and family.
- What's New In The Windows 7 Release Candidate Windows 7's Release Candidate is free and available for download, but what's all that different from the beta version? Quite a bit, it turns out.
- Xdn Tweaker Updates To Tweak Windows 7 (Windows) Xdn Tweaker, which we've previously enjoyed for its fine-tuning capabilities on Windows XP and Vista, has upgraded to support the same sort of fixes and features on Windows 7, plus a few unique offerings.
- Windows 7 RC Available For Download Now The official Windows 7 Release Candidate is now available for all users through Microsoft's Customer Preview program.
- OpenOffice.org 3.1's Usability Tweaks (Windows/Mac/Linux) It hit the servers two days ago, but OpenOffice.org 3.1 is now in official release. The open-source office suite focused on anti-aliased drawing and usability tweaks for this release, which we've quickly previewed below.
- How to Dual Boot Windows 7 With XP Or Vista If you're dying to try out Windows 7 but aren't ready to give up your installation of XP or Vista, let's take a look at how to dual boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista.
- UltraStar Deluxe Turns Your Computer Into A Serious Karaoke Machine (Windows/Mac/Linux) UltraStar Deluxe is an open source alternative to the popular Playstation game series SingStar. Skinnable, extensible, and with support for up to six players, UltraStar Deluxe converts any song into a karaoke opportunity.
- Six Easy Ways To Graph Your Life Your habits, behaviours and the things you consume every day create patterns over time that say a whole lot about you as a person. It's time to graph your life.
- AppRemover Removes Stubborn Security Applications (Windows) Security applications frequently make themselves quite a bear to truly remove. That's great when their stubbornness protects you from malicious software-not so great when you just want them gone.
- Growl For Windows Adds Mac-Style Notifications Windows only: System notification tool Growl for Windows is a slick, customisable, universal alert system for your applications-so you don't have to be jealous of your Mac friends anymore.