Kick off your Lifehacker Monday by making sure you didn't miss any of the biggest posts from last week:
- Hand Luggage Only: One Bag, One Month, One Continent
Your Road Worrier columnist has always fancied himself as a pretty compact packer, but in the month of May I’ll put that to a pretty severe test with the Lifehacker Hand Luggage Only challenge: doing my normal work, visiting every state and territory in Australia, and living completely out of a single standard-sized airline carry-on bag.
- Five Best Malware Removal Tools We're back with the top five contenders for best malware removal tool.
- Wyzo Web Browser Is A Downloader's Dream (Windows/Mac/Linux) Built from the Firefox core, free web browser Wyzo integrates BitTorrent capabilities, download acceleration, and much more-though you can get many of Wyzo's best features in Firefox if you're not up for the switch.
- How To Move Your Outlook Files From One PC To Another
Transferring your Outlook mail from one PC to another might seem simple, but there’s a few tricks to ensuring you transfer all the information you actually want.
- Top 10 Ubuntu Downloads The reviews are in, and the just-released Ubuntu 9.04, i.e. "Jaunty Jackalope," rates as a slick, fully-formed Linux desktop.
- Gmail Redesigned 3.0 Focuses On Speed And Message Space (Firefox) Gmail Redesigned, the dark-skinned theme that's part of the popular Google Redesigned Extension, has been released in a 3.0 version that adds more message space, reduces in size by half, and supports newer Gmail features.
- Internode’s 3G Broadband Service Not Spectacular Value
Internode this week is rolling out its own-branded version of Optus’ 3G service for data-hungry consumers on the move — but does it make sense as a broadband deal?
- Office 2010 Screenshots Preview What's To Come Microsoft just pushed out Office 2007 Service Pack 2 this morning, but that doesn't meant they're not already hard at work on Office 2010, the next version of the popular Office suite.
- Google Maps Mashup Tracks Swine Flu News and concern over swine flu has spread faster than the actual illness, but if you want to keep a close eye on reports-confirmed and otherwise-this Google Maps mashup does the job nicely.
- Panda Cloud Antivirus Is A Lightweight, Always-Updated Virus Killer (Windows) Panda Cloud Antivirus uses the power of cloud computing to scan and eliminate viruses from your PC that can identify new malware in almost real time.
- Smart Installer Pack Automatically Installs Your Favourite Software To A New PC Windows only: Hunting down application after application to fill a new computer with your favourite software can be a pain. Free application Smart Installer Pack makes it easy.
- Appetizer Is A Customisable Open Source Application Launcher (Windows) If you're looking for a portable application menu and launcher, Appetizer is a free, polished, and highly customizable open source candidate.
- The Mac-tacular Lair What do you get when you combine tons of shiny tech toys and a consistent eye for design? Judging by the hundreds of comments and questions about it, the envy of quite a few folks.
- OverDisk Displays Your Disk Usage As A Radial Map (Windows) If you're looking for a fast way to visualise and drill down through what's taking up space on your disk drives, OverDisk generates a radial map of your folder structures for quick navigation.
- Three-Course Meals From Four Cans Great food doesn't require an afternoon in a crowded produce section. An industrious chef and clever blogger post three-course meal plans that can be fashioned from four relatively cheap canned foods and pantry staples.
- Firefox 3.0.10 Released, Fixes Major Stability Issue (Firefox) Firefox may have updated to 3.0.9 just last week with a few critical security fixes, but the folks at Mozilla are already pushing out 3.0.10-this time fixing a major stability issue and one security fix.
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 Is Out, Boasts Serious Performance Boosts Windows only: Microsoft is pushing out Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, promising significant performance improvements and support for the OpenDocument format, among other things.
- Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 Available For Download (Windows/Mac/Linux) Bleeding edge browsers and web developers take note, for the latest Firefox 3.5 (previously 3.1) beta is in the wild.