Kick off your Lifehacker Monday by making sure you didn't miss any of the biggest posts from last week:
- Why Packing Bags Inside Your Bags Makes Sense
"RussianDolls.jpg Throughout my time as an airline traveller, I've always been a great believer in the "Russian doll" principle of packing - keeping the contents of your suitcase organised and separated in bags of their own, nested to near infinity if necessary."
- Three Plants That Give You Better Indoor Air
Kamal Meattle used three just three indoor plant species to increase oxygen, filter air, and boost general health at a a New Delhi business park. You too can use them to freshen your indoor space.
- Absolutely Amazing Video Game Remake Wallpapers (Images)
Last week we highlighted a few retro gaming wallpapers for some Friday fun. That was nothing compared to DeviantArt member Orioto's high-resolution, you-won't-believe-your-eyes paintings of classic video games for your desktop-a must-see for any gaming enthusiast.
- TPG Case Shows Importance Of Checking Mobile Contract Details
"When you're faced with a shiny new mobile phone or great sounding deal, the last thing you want to do is spend time checking over the details — but doing your research is still the best way to ensure you don't get ripped off."
- Five Best Lifehacker Code Apps And Extensions
Over the last few years we've had the privilege of releasing exclusive applications, scripts, and extensions that have hopefully boosted your productivity.
- DVDSmith Movie Backup Copies Whole Discs Or Just The Main Movie (Windows)
DVDSmith Movie Backup is terrible for our headline style, since it does exactly what its name implies. It's great, though, for anyone who simply wants to watch a DVD without the disc.
- Underbelly Episodes Freely Available Online
"Freed from the legal problems that beset series one, the Underbelly prequel has already become the highest-rating drama in people-meter-ranking TV history — but Nine is apparently keen to get even more people watching the show, and is offering free downloads of the episodes the same evening they air."
- Autofocus Is A Single, Paper-Based List Organisation System
Autofocus, an organisation system designed by personal organisation author Mark Forster, is available for all. If you're looking for a linear, list-based system to help you get things done, Autofocus stresses simplicity and speed.
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker Updates, Adds 20 New Tweaks (Windows)
Similar-to-TweakUI application Ultimate Windows Tweaker adds more tweaks, bugfixes, and better 64-bit support to an already ridiculously useful tool for making configuration changes the easy way.
- Pod To PC Transfers Music From Any iPod, iPhone Onto Your PC (Windows)
Pod to PC can grab the music and movies off nearly any Windows-formatted iPod for transferring to your PC, and avoids duplicates while doing so.
- Free Audio Editor Does Powerful Music Editing With Ease (Windows)
Advanced audio editing tool Free Audio Editor handles your music and sound editing with an attractive, streamlined, and easy-to-use interface.
- Wallpaper Juggler Downloads, Rotates High-Quality Wallpaper (Windows)
Desktop wallpaper switching application Wallpaper Juggler not only chooses between random images-it also downloads beautiful desktop wallpaper for you.
- Add-Art Replaces Advertisements With Artwork (Firefox)
Add-Art is a unique advertisement-blocking solution for Firefox. Instead of simply deleting ads from the page, it replaces them with art by featured artists.
- JPEG & PNG Stripper Removes the Metadata from Your Images (Windows)
JPEG & PNG Stripper an extremely small portable application that strips the metadata out of JPEG and PNG image files.
- DoubleDesktop is a Tiny Virtual Desktop Manager (Windows)
Virtual desktop utility DoubleDesktop does exactly what its name implies-it creates two virtual desktops in a tiny package that uses less than 1 MB of RAM.