BigPond Movies has just released some research it commissioned to spruik its DVD-rental-by-mail service. It's obviously no surprise to find that 90% of DVD-by-post customers choose such a service because of the "value, longer loan periods and no late fees". The more interesting question is what reason the other 10% picked, something which the BigPond Movies team didn't disclose. My gutter mind immediately assumed that Joe Public perhaps didn't want Grandma Public seeing him pick up a few porn titles, but it turns out that BigPond doesn't rent adult flicks anyway. Having a wider selection of movies would doubtless be a good reason for rural viewers, though that has to be offset against the speed of the postal service in general. But let's throw it open to you. If you've ditched your local DVD store for a mailbox option, tell us why -- and if you aren't tempted, tell us why not.
Why Would You Use A DVD Rental Service?
Trending Stories Right Now
Finding clear, definitive facts about healthy exercise can be difficult. The exercise industry is a multi-billion dollar business, built partially on selling gadgets and supplements to people desperate to lose weight or look attractive. Meanwhile, good workout plans and simple truths lurk in the background waiting for their time to shine. All of this results in lots of misinformation about exercise. We're taking some of those commonly-held exercise myths to task, and we have science to back us up. Let's get started.
Google and Samsung are locked in a battle at the premium end of the Android smartphone market, and one of the reasons why you might pick a Google Pixel 2 over a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - or vice versa - is the on-board software. We put the two flagship devices side by side to see how Pixel Android compares to Samsung Android.