You're working on document on the laptop in the living room and you want to print—except the printer's in the home office. Sharing a printer connected to a PC on your home network and printing to it from any other computer, even over a wireless connection, is a breeze. Whether you want to print from a Mac or another PC, here's how to share a single printer for use by any computer on your home network.
- Step 1. Enable sharing on your printer
- Step 2. (Optional) Enable file and printer sharing
- Step 3. Name your shared printer
- Step 4. Launch the Add Printer Wizard (Windows client)
- Step 5. Connect to shared printer (Windows client)
- Step 6. Browse to the Windows printer (Mac client)
- Step 7. Set Printer Model (Mac client)
Got any remote printing tips or tricks for shared printers at home? Tell us about 'em in the comments.