- How do I run a cable under my floor?
- Is there a way to build an installation package that would set up a wireless access point with WEP enabled using Windows XP?
- Is it possible to spoof caller ID?
- Without "pro" software, how can I trim pages from large pdf files?
- Can I make the side panel of Windows dialogs more like OS X?
Ask MetaFilter Roundup
Trending Stories Right Now
Cast your eyes on this promotional image for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. They look lovely, don't they? If you haven't been keeping abreast of iPhone news, you would be forgiven for thinking these phones boast full-screen, bezel-free displays. In reality, both models come equipped with an obtrusive notch. This can only mean one of two things. either Apple is ashamed of the notch, or it is deliberately trying to mislead consumers.
Today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. (AKA every office jerk's favourite day of the year.) If you're sick of hearing multiple exclamations of "shiver me timbers", "matey" and "arrrrr!", you need to take matters into your own hands. Here are some methods to kill vernacular piracy dead.