- Don't trash broken stuff; send it back"Rather than just sending your broken stuff to a landfill, pack it up and ship it back to the manufacturer with a letter asking for a new one. You will be amazed by the results."
- Technophilia: 15 ways to get more out of Pandora"I've got 15 ways to get better music - and better performance - out of Pandora."
- Control spending with the 30-day rule"For the next thirty days, think whether you really want the item, but do not buy it."
- Geek to Live: Get local copies of your online research (del.icio.us, digg or Google Notebook)"Sure, storing your data on the web is great for from-any-online-computer access, but in an age of cheap, enormous hard drives and powerful desktop search, why not replicate the data you keep on the web to your computer?"
- Geek to Live: Improve your web site with Google Analytics"I've tried practically every free web site stats analyser under the sun - and none has come close to the utility, richness and depth of Google Analytics."
- Hack Attack: Side-by-side Windows and Mac OS with Parallels"Using the previously-mentioned virtual machine software, Parallels Desktop for Mac ($US79.99), you can run Mac OS X and Windows (XP, Vista, you name it) side-by-side."
- How to create the grunge effect with Photoshop"Veerle's blog offers a helpful tutorial on creating a grunge look in an image in Photoshop..."
- Hack Attack: Get more from Google Desktop"I love Google Desktop as a desktop search app, but I'm more interested in it as an application launcher first and search tool second."
One Year Ago on Lifehacker
Trending Stories Right Now
If you haven't been watching Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams on Aussie streaming service Stan, you're missing out. For those who missed the memo, this sci-fi anthology show is based on ten short stories by visionary author Philip K. Dick, the man whose words inspired the cinematic brilliance of Blade Runner, Total Recall, A Scanner Darkly and Minority Report. Of course, even if you're already on board the Dick train, you can never have too much science fiction! Here are ten of the finest Sci-fi television shows you should be watching right now.
We hate to break it to you, but the traditional USB ports you've been using to connect your cameras, controllers and other gizmos for the past 20 years aren't long for this world. The whole squad's getting replaced by a few great alternatives, though they each come with their own pros and cons. If you're thinking of upgrading your devices this year, here are the ports you'll need to get familiar with to keep up with today's tech.