- Gmail Tips and Tricks Monster Roundup"Ever since I bought my first Gmail invite for five dollars off eBay over 2 years ago, I've been all about squeezing every last productive drop I can out of Gmail."
- Geek to Live: Tech support with UltraVNC SingleClick"Grandpa called from Florida, and he needs your help uploading pictures to Yahoo! Photos.... If only you were looking over his shoulder - except he's states away."
- Technophilia: Forget the TV and watch the web"You can even use the web as your own (free!) personal TiVo so you watch your favourite shows anytime you want..."
- How to portscan your computer for security holes"Open ports on your computers are invitations to criminal hackers and other evildoers to wreak havoc - and if you don't protect yourself, no one else will."
- Download of the Day: myFairTunes6 (Windows)"Open source program myFairTunes6 is designed to remove the digital rights management (DRM) from your iTunes Music Store-purchased songs."
- Ask the Readers: Best music for studying?"What do you listen to when you're trying to study or write?"
- How to save $$ without a 9 to 5"Saving for retirement - or hell, even next month's mortgage payment - is hard when you're a freelancer who doesn't get the same check every two weeks."
One Year Ago on Lifehacker
Trending Stories Right Now
The recipe for KFC chicken used to be a closely guarded secret. However, a former KFC employee recently leaked the alleged "11 secret herbs and spices" to the world - and after extensive testing, the recipe checks out. This video shows you how to make bona fide KFC chicken at home. (The good news is, you probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboard already.)
Reports of a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 catching fire earlier this month may feel like cause for alarm after the ill-fated Galaxy Note 7's widespread battery problems, but at this moment the incident is just that. an isolated incident.